Wednesday, March 12, 2008
We're Free!!
Ok, some of you may have heard that we've been under a "period of reflection" and were not permitted to frequent off-base establishments for about two weeks, due to the actions of some service members. The horrible yen rate, which has been equal to the dollar, has had an impact on how much we do off-base, so the restriction was not too restrictive. Well, we've now been permitted to stop reflecting and things are back to normal for me, but Duane has to be on-base by 10pm. I guess if there are any late night McDonald or Coco Curry House cravings, I will be the one to make those. The kids are really glad to be able to go off-base again, since they couldn't understand how someone could control where we could and couldn't go, which lead me to a Constitutional teaching moment. What smart kids I have, to recognize that they are entitled to certain freedoms!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment