Thursday, April 16, 2009
Ryan Turns Eight
We celebrated Ryan's eighth birthday on April 2nd. He got lucky and had a half day of school to start off spring break. I can't believe that Ryan is eight! It seems like just yesterday that I woke Duane up in the middle of the night to tell him it was time to go to the hospital. How time flies. Ryan makes our life very interesting with his many tall tales. He loves history and playing outside with his friends. Although he is very competitive, he is also very loving and even cracks a smile here and there.
Ryan requested that I make his cake. Due to lack of time and probably skill this is the best I could come up with. I have to tell you that it did taste good even if it didn't look the best.
Ryan had been asking for a new bike and for his birthday we obliged. Now he doesn't have to ride his sister's pink one behind her back. He liked his bike so much that the other morning a 7:30am he and his sister Miranda decided to go on a bike ride. I was upstairs feeding Evan and had no idea that they had gone out and that Olivia had gone after them. Duane ended up finding Olivia outside and Miranda and Ryan spent their first day of spring break in their rooms. Yes, another incident that puts me in the running for mother of the year.

The day before Ryan's birthday we were at the Transportation Office setting up our move back to the States when I looked back and saw Ryan's shoe. I started laughing so hard I cried at the sight that I saw. We all know that Ryan leads an interesting life with his many stories. When I asked him what had happened to his shoe he said that it got caught on a branch at recess and had ripped. Well, whether or not this is true I don't know, but it makes a good story. Evidentally, it had happened the previous day and he went to school with it like that. He was afraid to tell me because we just bought the shoes in January and I told them they had to last until the end of school. He had already destroyed one pair of shoes and I was determined that this pair would last, but as we can see they didn't. The next day, which happened to be his birthday, the school was having a walk-a-thon fundraiser and I decided to duck tape Ryan's shoe so that he could at least walk in his shoes. When I went to school later that day to drop off birthday treats he had decided to remove the tape and his foot was again hanging out of the shoe. I guess he thought it would be better to have his foot hanging out than wear a shoe covered with tape. Needless to say we know what one of Ryan's birthday presents was, a new pair of shoes. Any bets on how long these will last?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment