Monday, March 7, 2011

Pinewood Derby 2011

After hours of cutting, sanding and painting Ryan's pinewood derby car was finished right before we left for the race.  I was a little nervous, okay very nervous, about how Ryan's car would do this year.  Last year was a disaster!!  His car lost every race and he didn't take it well.  This year went much better.  He won quite a few of the races and ended up getting the award for the most beautiful car.  I'm sure he would rather have had the award for the fastest, but hey it's an award right?!  Anyway, he was happy to win some races and get the award and mom is happy to not have to deal with a son who is crying in the corner.:)

Ryan's BYU car


2 comments:

moaspen said...

Cool! Moab's first derby is in a few weeks and he's excited. We still need to start his car....Ryan's looks awesome!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Great work with the car! I am getting pretty nervous myself about Luke's pinewood derby experience. I forsee some tears, too. I can't believe your baby is 2 already. Where does the time go? It is a hard phase to get through, but it is also fun to see their little personalities come out more and more.