Well, another Thanksgiving has come and gone and who know where our next one will be spent. What a week it was!! Monday ended with a bang, literally. I was on my way to pick up Miranda from her club at school and another person pulled out of a stop sign without looking. I had the right-of-way because I didn't have a stop sign. I blew my horn and knew that I wasn't going to be able to stop in time and was going to get hit. Anyway, it was raining and I don't have a cell phone and watched as car after car drove by without stopping!! I was also concerned about Miranda and getting into trouble for not picking her up on time and her being worried out of her mind about where we were. Well, someone did tell the Security Forces (we are in Air Force territory) and I flagged him down. After waiting at least 45minutes for him to finish up the paperwork with the other person, the battery in the car died!! Yes, as if enough hadn't happened I couldn't drive home. Luckily, I saw a friend from church and she was able to have her husband come and jump the car for me. Thank you!!! So, where was Duane in all this? A fellow company commander in his battalion stopped, since the accident happened right by his house, and called Duane. He showed up and took Ryan to scouts, but left his phone in the car and didn't hear my attempts to reach him so he could come and jump the van for me. Anyway, the van barely has any damage and we are all fine. I actually felt bad for the kid who hit me, a high schooler, because he was driving his friend's car. I have yet to file a claim because the insurance here in Japan is crazy!! They said that I would be found at least 10-20% at fault and my insurance would increase. How messed up is that?!
I spent Wednesday up late completing my assignments for the week, so that I would get to spend the weekend with the family and not be distracted by school. We spent Thanksgiving Day at the District (Stake) Thanksgiving meal. It was my idea to try it out this year and promised Duane that I would do a traditional Thanksgiving meal on Friday. We didn't stay long and ended up at the movies for Madagascar 2. The kids really enjoyed it!
Friday, I made the kids clean which they were not too happy about. Oh well, Mom was happy and isn't that what is important?! I am usually a huge fan of Black Friday and have gone through withdrawals living in Japan without a mall or Target. This year was so bad that I didn't even go to the BX or any store. There wasn't anything to buy and we are looking forward to our trip back to the States in a couple of weeks. I hope that next year I get to do the traditional Black Friday.
Saturday, we spent the morning at a baptism at the beach which is always a neat experience. It's hard to believe that Ryan's will be coming up before we know it. Duane then spent the afternoon selling popcorn with Ryan for Cub Scouts. Evidentally, Ryan is quite the salesman and raked in at least $250 by himself in two hours and now Duane owes him a steak. The girls and I headed to the movies again to see High School Musical 3. Miranda was in heaven and has been waiting and waiting to see this movie. Olivia enjoyed it too and spent the last 10minutes of it jumping around dancing. Miranda and I had to drag her out of the theater because she wanted to stay and watch all of the credits.
We had a great holiday weekend and I am sad to see it end and for life to start on Monday! The next two weeks will be a blur between all of the holiday events coming up before we leave for our trip.
5 comments:
Crazy day, so glad I heard your "cries" and stopped!! Glad things were okay. Enjoy your trip to the states!!
What a nightmare! I got in an accident here in PR and it was insane dealing with everything. I so hear what you are saying about Black Friday. We don't have a Target either. I though I would do some online shopping that day, but stingy target didn't offer any of their deals online. Oh well. I hope you have a great Christmas in the states!
Oh my, what an eventful holiday you had. Sorry that it started so poorly. It sounds like it ended much better than it started. I love black Friday and had a great time SHOPPING! We recently went to see Madagascar 2 a few weeks ago and love it. I hope your Christmas is just as fun, but a little less "eventful".
I'm so sorry about your accident! Yikes. But it sounds like you made the most of the rest of the week. I love hearing about what you're up to.
Elizabeth, I got your gorgeous Christmas card and I loved it. so many layers! This was the first time in 10 years that I haven't hand made our cards.... I guess you have to pick and choose. Well I can't wait to see how your Christmas was and hear all about it.
Post a Comment