Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas with the Jones-Foote Family

After 11 years of marriage we celebrated Christmas with Duane's family in St. George, UT. Christmas Eve started with a visit from Santa and he brought all of the kids new pjs. I thought he should have gotten pink pjs with bunny ears since we are often told that he looks like the little boy from The Christmas Story. Our goal is to convince him to dress up next Halloween as the boy complete with the bunny suit and Red Rider BB gun in hand. Stay tuned to our blog come October to see if we were successful. After the kids changed into their new pjs, we feasted on a variety of soups before trying to settle all of the kids down for the night.

The kids were up early Christmas morning excited to see what Santa had brought them. Santa did not disappoint Miranda or Olivia, but Ryan did not get the DS he wanted. Even though I told him Santa would not be bringing him one because we didn't want him to have one, he was still convinced that Santa would come through. Referencing the movie again, he didn't look very excited as he opened his gifts, the only difference is there was no DS hidden in the corner to bring out as the last gift. We'll see if his faith in Santa has been shaken.

Duane and his brothers all received these sweatshirts from their Mom. They also got a cool personalized grilling platter to showcase their grilling masterpieces.

4 comments:

Kimsey Fam said...

I cannot believe how old your kids are! Man, time flies. I also don't think I knew you were prego. Congrats! We are going to adventure on #3 this year hopefully.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Wow!!!! You sure know how to come home and have fun with family. I wish I could've seen you while you were in Utah, but it looks like you were totally booked. (So were we this Christmas break!) Your kids are so cute, and it was really fun to see all of the things you got to do while you were on your Christmas break.

Marisa said...

Your Christmas looks full and fun! I hope you made the trip okay.. how is that LONG flight anyway with three kids??? Good to see what you're up to!

Foote Family said...

I flew with Miranda and Olivia, while Duane flew with Ryan. We were on different flights going over. The flight over was the worst! The first leg I got really sick. All three flights that took us to SLC were turbulent and I get air sick. It is 3hrs from here to Tokyo, 9hrs from Tokyo to San Francisco and 2hrs from there to SLC. I've done Dulles (DC) to Tokyo, which is about 13hrs.