Friday, March 6, 2009

Our New Arrival


On Saturday February 28th Evan Duane Foote came into the world. He came in weighing 7lbs 15oz and was 20.5 inches long. Evan wasted no time getting here since we were only at the hospital two hours and he was born. He was born with a cleft lip and palate which came as a surprise, but we are happy that other than that he is perfectly healthy. We are so glad that Evan is a part of our family.


Miranda, Ryan and Olivia love their new little brother and look forward to seeing him when they wake up in the morning and when they get home from school.

2 days old

4 days old
6 days old

8 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Yay, I've been waiting to see something about your new little one. How lucky are you to get another boy? Just think what I would have to do to even out my brood. I am glad that everything went great. I can't believe you are all up and dressed and looking great in that picture in the hospital. Evan is a beautiful little guy. Congratulations!

Marisa said...

Elizabeth, congratulations!!!! I'm sorry, I haven't checked the blog lately so I didn't even know. But I'm so happy for you! He is beautiful. There is nothing like those first few weeks when they are so tiny. And the yummy newborn smell!!! I'm so jealous! You look great and your family is just growing and looking so good too. What a sweet group you have.

moaspen said...

congratulations you guys! That is so great! I like the name Evan and he's so cute! 4 kids! You rock!
~shiloh

Kimsey Fam said...

Congrats!! He is so wide eyed and alert. Babies are amazing. We are planning for our 3rd and I am getting excited. Good luck and I wish you sleep filled nights.

justLorie said...

Welcome Little One! Congratulations!

Jen and Allen said...

Im glad you got some pics of him when he was awake this is the first I have seen his bright blue eyes.

Stacey B. said...

Elizabeth, I don't know if you remember me very well, we used to be in your ward in Fort Bragg (3.5 years ago, so you may not remember us, Ben and Stacey Baker), but I just saw your blog and it brought back many memories for me. My son, Ryan, was also born with a cleft and your son looks so much like mine, I could be looking at his baby picture. We didn't know about his cleft until he was born, either. Anyways, if you ever want to talk with someone who has been through the surgery and worry and questions of a cleft, please email me at sac4976@yahoo.com. I found it much easier to deal with after talking to someone. And by the way, after the surgery, no one can even tell that my son had a cleft, they are so good these days! He is beautiful and your family is beautiful!

Jackie said...

Congratulations!!! He is a handsome little guy. Boy it seems like that pregnancy went fast. lol We are still dragging our feet about jumping into the world of 4 children. Although seeing new little babies like this makes me baby hungry. He has such beautiful blue eyes especially for such a new baby.
We have a nephew and a niece who were both born with a cleft lip and palate. My nephew just turned 18 and had to have one last surgery. You dont even notice his scar unless you saw him as a baby. I am sad to think of you guys facing this trial. I hope that all goes well for you.